Christmas Tree Shopping Amidst a Global Pandemic: What to Expect
Shopping for the perfect Christmas tree is a timeless tradition that millions of American families look forward to each year. As the temperatures drop and the festive spirit begins to uncontrollably bubble forth, our thoughts inevitably turn to finding the ideal focal point of our indoor decorations.
Unfortunately, like many other beloved events and traditions before it, 2020 has thrown a giant virus-shaped wrench in our annual plans. While Christmas is far from canceled, shopping for your tree at Dundee Nursery will certainly look and feel a bit different this year.
To that end, here’s what you can expect when visiting this holiday season.
Three ways to shop for a Christmas tree at Dundee Nursery
Like many other businesses, we’ve been forced to be creative when it comes to getting our products in the hands of our customers. In an effort to reduce the number of shoppers in our nursery at any one time, we’ve decided to offer three distinct ways to pick out a tree this year.
1. Place a curbside pickup order
We’ve been offering curbside pickup orders for the better part of the year, so there’s no reason to think it won’t be just as safe and convenient with our Christmas trees.
Simply place your order on our Shop At Home page or give us a call at 763-559-4016. We’ll let you know when your order is ready, then roll up to the designated pickup zone (need directions?) and load up that beautiful fir baby. It’s that easy!
2. Grab a pre-wrapped tree
**New this year** Want to bring home a Christmas tree without all the fuss? Whether you’re in a hurry or just in the neighborhood, our Grab & Go option is perfect for you!
We will have a selection of pre-wrapped, 6–10 ft. Fraser and Balsam Firs available for your expedited shopping experience. The best part is, since you won’t be able to inspect every individual branch and needle, we’ll be selling all pre-wrapped trees at 10% off!
3. Mask up and browse our tree lot
The good news is if you’re absolutely dead set on meandering through a maze of green and taking in the pine-scented, crisp fall air—you can! That said, there are a few things you’ll need to know before loading up the little ones and making the trip.
- Masks will be required for all shoppers, at all times. No exceptions.
- To better space everything out, we will have trees hung up both inside and outside of our greenhouse.
- Please be patient. On peak days, we may need to limit the number of customers inside at one time.
What kinds of Christmas trees will Dundee carry?
This year, we will offer the following varieties:
- Fraser Fir: Our top seller has mid-length needles and great needle retention. Comes in 6-10 ft. sizes.
- Balsam Fir: This tree is quite fragrant, has short needles, and is great for high, vaulted ceilings. Comes in 6-12 ft. sizes.
- Scotch Pine: This variety is vibrant green in color with short, stiff needles. Comes in 6-7 ft. sizes.
- White Pine: Unlike the name suggests, this tree is blueish green in color with long, soft needles and a light aroma. Comes in 7-8 ft. sizes.
- Flocked Balsam Fir: Perfect for those that want a natural, snow-covered look. Comes in 7-8 ft. sizes.
Tips for when you get home with your tree
All of our trees will be given a fresh cut on the trunk so that they are ready to go when you get them home. Even so, you will want to get them into water as soon as possible.
We also recommend that you spray your tree with Wilt Stop (or a similar product) to help aid in the retention of moisture and reduce needle loss.
Want more tips? Read our previous blog post on how to care for your Christmas tree.
Find your ideal Christmas tree today
There are many great reasons to buy your Christmas tree at Dundee Nursery. We offer a wide selection of attractive trees, convenient shopping options, and unmatched service and expertise.
While many things may be different this year, we hope that at least one aspect of your holiday traditions remains the same—making Dundee Nursery your trusted home for all things Christmas.